DIY Knotted Leather Bracelet Tutorial from Design and Form here. This is demonstrated using one cord. To get the three cord look above I’ve found it easier to tape the cords flat at intervals.
not the same tutorial, but it’s basically how you do it.
DIY Knockoff TopShop Bunny Ears Scrunchies Tutorial from Life Ann Style here. I posted a roundup of DIY Bunny EarUsamimi Headbands Tutorials here, and for more bunny ears go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/bunny-ears
DIY Hand Carved Stamps for Stationery Gifts Tutorial from Mad Mim. Top Photo: personalized Valentine stamp tutorial from Mad Mim here, Bottom Photo: personalized stationery gift stamps from Mad Mim here. You could make this into a personalized present by adding blank cardstock cards and envelopes (Michaels has huge sales on these all the time), hand carved stamps for stationery, and printing supplies.
For more stamp/stamping DIYs and tutorials go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/stamps
Okay, here’s how I make these little gems…
- Run to your local grocery store and grab some spray roses. Right now they’re everywhere because of Valentine’s Day but I see them almost every time I hit the grocery store. I’ve seen them at every Ralphs, Vons, Trader Joes, Whole Foods…etc. They should be quite easy to find. Spray roses are much smaller than regular roses and they typically come potted. The cool thing is, if you keep caring for this $5-10 plant, you’ll have hair roses for days!
- Cut off a few rosebuds from the plant.
- Flip the flower over and trim the stem as short as you can without cutting the base that holds the flower together.
- Grab hair pins– also known as U-pins. They’re different from bobbypins. They don’t squeeze together so they won’t break or smash the spray rose.
- Lightly squeeze the hair pin and pierce it through the middle of the spray rose.
- The bottom should look like this!
- Fold the hair pin back on both sides (as seen in photo 7). That will keep the flowers from slipping out of your hair.
DIY Ultimate Downton Abbey Resin Bezel Necklace Tutorial from Resin Crafts here. I’ve posted a general link to all Downton Abbey posts on Resin Crafts’ blog - she has lots of tutorials on resin and bezels (to put the necklace together, there are so many tutorials on my blog and on the internet). I posted the BOTTOM PHOTO from my post “I Am Who They Were” Necklace by Artist Ashley Gilreath to demonstrate how you could make a version of it using the bezels from the Downton Abbey Necklace. At the link I posted for the “I Am Who They Were” necklace I commented on how I would make the necklace with transparency paper.
DIY Knockoff Embroidered Strap with Chains Long Necklace Tutorial from El Cuaderno de Ideas here. Really easy DIY and there is a translator on the upper left hand side. Left Top Photo: $250 Fiona Paxton Sylvie Necklace here, Right Top Photo: $155 (sold out) Gabriella Cortese Antik Batik Jazou Necklace here. Bottom Photo: DIY by El Cuaderno de Ideas.